In a recent post published in Mekar, Thierry Sanders highlighted the top 10 reasons to invest in Indonesia.
Here’s a snapshot of his Reason #8 – More exits are possible today
- From 2012-2017 Jakarta was the #1 ‘frontier’ city worldwide by number of Venture Capital (VC) deals.
- USD 3-billion in investments went into Indonesian startups including GoJek, Tokopedia, Traveloka and Bukalapak among others.
- This wave of finance also created some exits for the founders and early angel investors. Outside this Tech/ eCommerce/ FinTech scene however, investments and exits were sluggish or invisible.
- Many local VCs support Impact Investments. Mandiri Capital, for example has almost half of its investments supporting the financing of the unbanked and under-banked population.
- A new financing avenue that was opened up by the OJK (Financial Services Authority) in 2019 is Equity Crowdfunding and under new regulations, companies can raise up to USD 700,000.
- An important point about exits in Indonesia is that it requires patience. Don’t assume you can exit in 3 to 5-years, it is probably better to assume 7 to 10-years.
Read the other top reasons to invest in Indonesia by clicking on these links:
Source: Mekar/ Thierry Sanders
If you’re interested in investing in Indonesia and learning more get in touch with Seven Stones Indonesia (email@example.com)
#sevenstonesindonesia #businessindonesia #investindonesia #positiveimpact #socialimpact #impactinvestindonesia #impactinvest #positiveimpact #businessincubator #socialenterprise #entrepreneur #businessecosystem